8405 Grayledge Dr (Active)
8504 Grayledge Dr, Austin, TX 78753
Don’t miss out on this Fabulous Austin Style Mid-Century, Reimagined home on Grayledge Dr, in North Austin’s established Heritage Hills neighborhood, with a very low turnover rate nothing else compares in Heritage Hills, so don’t miss out!
8504 Grayledge Dr features a Beautiful 300yr+ old oak shade tree in back, a large second living room/dining area/ or flex room in the front of the house. New fully fenced in front and back yard, with large covered patios, and a custom Pergola in back yard. Customized front yard features multiple raised gardens areas for all your gardening needs. Enjoy the modern farm-house feel with the painted brick exterior, an open ranch style floor-plan. Including granite counters in bathrooms and kitchen, open shelving, custom barn-wood accent wall in living, central gas fireplace with large masonry hearth, and a large breakfast dining area. Entire inside has been freshly painted and landscaped in June 2018. This property features a new HVAC and water heater installed in 2016, with new flooring & baseboards in 2017, a double sized concrete patio in back, with close attention to detail throughout. You will agree this property is sure to pleas and won’t last long!
FROM THE SELLERS!
What is your favorite feature of your home?
- The back patio and backyard were definitely where the most memories were made in this home. We had many meals with family and friends on the back patio and having the kitchen nice and close was always a plus.
What is the best thing about the location of your home?
- This location is so great. It’s a 10 minute drive to downtown and a 10 minute drive to the Domain. It’s so incredibly central that it makes everything convenient. Being so close to I-35, 183 and 290 really is a bonus. It never took long to get anywhere in town!
Tell me about any upgrades or updates you have done.
- We mainly focused on updating the outdoor space because that’s where we spent a lot of our time. We added the 5 raised garden beds and ate so well from those gardens! We also added the fence to the front yard to add a little more privacy and to protect the gardens.
- In the back, we doubled the size of the patio and added the pergola. It gave us shade and so much space to entertain. From dinners with friends to birthday parties to game nights, we had some great times in that backyard.
- Inside the house, We added a custom built the barnwood wall in the living room and the wood shelving in the dining room. The barnwood wall makes the living room so cozy and inviting. The shelving was the perfect place to display artwork, fun kitchen items and canned goods. It really added a lot to the dining room and made for great extra kitchen storage.
- All new flooring and baseboards | Jan 2017
- Barnyard wall in living room | Feb 2016
- Open shelving in dining room | Feb 2015
- Brand new AC system | Spring 2016
- Brand new water heater | Spring 2016
- Backyard french drain and retaining wall | Summer 2017
- Pergola in backyard | Jan 2015
- Concrete slab in backyard (doubled size) | Spring 2015
- Garden beds and fence in front yard | Summer 2014
Our top 5 neighborhood hot spots near Grayledge Dr
- Knomad Bar is a short drive away, on the East side, and is always a great place to relax and enjoy a cold beer and good company.
- The Mueller area is booming with things to do and is a quick drive from the house. We spent many Sunday mornings at the Farmer’s Market, lots of evenings at Alamo Drafthouse and many weekends checking out new restaurants in the Mueller area.
- Fairly new to the area is Cenote – the perfect coffee shop! Great for breakfast, lunch, coffee or a drink!
- Just a couple blocks from Cenote is Hank’s – a restaurant, bar and coffee shop on Berkman Drive. Hank’s just opened a few months ago and it’s already something we will miss.
- Lyft and Uber rides from the house to downtown Austin are just $12-$15. We utilized this often and it made going downtown so incredibly easy. Favor, Postmates, UberEats, Amazon Eats, etc. all deliver to the neighborhood. So if you feel like staying in – you can get just about anything delivered!